As part of our firm’s commitment to community outreach, and the Pedestrian Charter’s mandate for promoting walkable cities, the two organizations have teamed up to create the ‘name the turtle contest’ in conjunction with our upcoming Jane’s Walk May 8th.
Over the next week, leading up to the May 8th Jane’s Walk, you can submit an entry with your name for the turtle, for a chance to win a free pair of Converse shoes from Nigel’s Athletic Direct.
Entries are being accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at Nigel’s Athletic Direct, Market Square, Kitchener.
Here are the rules:
– Anyone can enter, 1 entry per person (unless you are a relative of an organizer of this walk, as you are ineligible)
– your name choice must be submitted by Friday May 6th at 12:00 noon
– your submission must clearly state your name choice for the turtle, your name and your contact information
– there will only be one winner
– if we are unable to contact you within one week, another name will be selected and that person will win the contest
– you must be able to pick up the shoes from Nigel’s Athletic Direct, by May 31, 2011 during normal store hours
– the winning turtle name will be selected by representatives of John MacDonald Architect and the Pedestrian Steering Committee
– we are not liable for late, lost, illegible or incorrectly submitted entries
– we will not keep your personal information
The winner will be announced at the Jane’s Walk May 8th, and posted on our blog Monday May 9th
The turtle will lead the upcoming Jane’s Walk, and will act as the mascot for the Pedestrian Charter Steering Committee here in the Region.
Join us for the walk, rain or shine, next Sunday May 8th at Hibner Park as we walk with the turtle to city hall, the Silverspoon and then to the Victoria Park Clock Tower as we explore our city!